Job Title: Operations Manager (ICON)
Reports to: Head Of Operations ICON
Salary: £100,000 per annum
Purpose of Role
The overall purpose of the Operations Manger is to collaborate with the broader ICON team, site teams and functions to ensure operations are undertaken safely and efficiently with a focus on delivering a clear improvement agenda.
- Manages a programme of continuous improvements across the ICON operations area, working with the Maintenance
team and Asset Engineering Manager, to prioritise activities.
- Owns the Operational aspects of the Greatham Capacity Improvement Programme (GCIP) for ICON.
- Facilitate the recruitment and training of ICON Process team, ensuring a pipeline of resource is in place to
accommodate turnover with spare technicians always available.
- Collaborates with the HR team to ensure development plans and up to date training materials are in place for the
process team to accommodate talent management and succession planning.
- Primary focal point for centralised support functions including Central engineering, Capital & Projects, for initial
engagement on feasibility studies.
- Provides strategic input to S&OP, Raw Materials and Logistics Planning.
- Develop and implement a reporting system including KPIs, to clearly identify performance gaps and supports the Head
of Operations in developing operations improvement plans.
- ICON EHS procedures owner, ensuring the review cycle is managed by the shift teams.
- Custodian of EHS incidents, investigation & peer review standards. Ensuring consistency and driving improvement
identified from incidents are implemented and embedded.
- Manages the ICON elements of the site Process Safety triangle and owns the Process Safety Improvement programme.
- Develop a communication strategy to ensure the ICON Process Team, including shifts, are updated on a regular basis
regarding business performance and position.
- Cost and performance monitoring of operations support contracts.
- Lead and influence a positive values-based culture that drives high performance.
- 10+ years experience of operational leadership on Upper Tier COMAH assets.
- A formal qualification in Chemistry, Engineering or Manufacturing would be beneficial.
- Can look at the big picture (production vs costs) undertake appropriate analysis and take effective actions.
- Thorough knowledge of the plant process technology.
- Well-developed IT skills, including SAP, Excel.
- A confident leader who is able to engage, lead others and communicate effectively at all levels both internally and
- Excellent organisation and time management skills to include prioritisation, scheduling and optimising of work force
skills and resources.
- Ability to manage and work in a collaborative multidisciplinary team environment.
- Highly organised, with the ability to motivate others to ensure deadlines are met.
- A concern for high standards and compliance.
For a confidential chat about this opportunity please contact Travis Townsend at Imperial Recruitment Group.