Lecturer in Healthcare
Lecturer in Health & Social Care
Salary: Up to £40,538 per annum
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Middlesbrough College
Hours: Full Time or Part Time roles available
Imperial Professionals are delighted to announce that we are working in partnership with a Middlesbrough
College who are recruiting for a Lecturer in Health & Social Care on a Permanent basis.
To plan and deliver a wide range of challenging, relevant learning and work experiences that ensure all
learners can develop and apply the skills, knowledge, behaviours and attitudes required for the 21st Century
learning, life and work.
- Plan a program of study that meets the individual needs, interests and abilities of all students.
- Create a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and is developmentally appropriate to
the maturity and interests of all students
- Employ a variety of teaching techniques and resources consistent with best practices, specific content
knowledge, the physical limitations of the space provided, and the needs and capabilities of the
individuals or student groups involved.
- Plan and deliver a suitable Assessment Programme ensuring marked work meets Middlesbrough
College Gold Standards
- Implement Middlesbrough College’s Core Values through the Gold Standard of Teaching and Learning.
- Utilise diagnostic assessment tools to identify learning strengths and needs of every student, on a
regular basis, for the purpose of intervention and/or acceleration toward academic achievement.
- Participate in Interval Verification requirements including the preparation for Awarding Body visits
- Take necessary and reasonable precautions to assure safety in the classroom and the College for all
- Maintain accurate, complete, and correct records as required by Middlesbrough College and any
statutory regulators including but not limited to Awarding Bodies, Funding Bodies and / or
- Implement all College policies and procedures governing student life and conduct
- Make provision for being available to students and / or to their parents for education-related
purposes outside of the teaching day when required or requested to do so under reasonable terms
- Maintain and improve professional relationships with colleagues.
- Actively participate in all professional development opportunities including relevant industrial
- To hold a relevant qualification at degree level.
- To be a qualified teacher or must be prepared to commence an appropriate teaching qualification on
appointment to the post.
- Personal commitment to keeping your professional knowledge up to date and improving your capabilities
- Grade C or above in maths and English (or equivalent) or willing to work towards it.
- To hold a post graduate qualification in a relevant field – desirable.
- Experienced in the use of a virtual learning environment to manage teaching, learning and assessment.
- Current knowledge and / or experience of one or more fields of Health / science and an
understanding of opportunities for students in health.
- Relevant experience in a teaching position in Further Education and Higher Education within Health & Care.
- Good oral and written communication skills with a capacity to deal effectively with staff, students, parents, employers, and others.
- To have good time management and organisational skills.
- Evidence of disseminating own good practice effectively
- Ability to deal promptly and effectively with attendance / progress concerns, providing support relevant to the situation
- Able to prepare written and visual teaching materials including the effective use of Information
Learning Technology e.g., Virtual Learning Environment, PowerPoint supported by key software.
- Suitable level of proficiency in ICT and understanding of its application to Teaching, Learning and Assessment.
- Current knowledge of potential issues in health that may impact on curriculum delivery
- A creative and imaginative approach to student centred teaching – desirable.
- Relevant experience / knowledge to support delivery of science-based modules – desirable.
For a confidential chat about this opportunity please contact Aidan Antoniou at Imperial Recruitment Group.