HV Systems Controller
Reporting to: High Voltage System Control Manger
Based in: Wilton International, Teesside
Salary: Negotiable – Whilst all salaries are graded, Sembcorp are keen to attract, retain and develop the highest calibre of colleague. Also, the company offer a market leading benefits package and annual bonus.
Reporting to the High Voltage System Control Manger, the High Voltage System Controller will as part of a team take ownership of the High Voltage distribution network, and carryout isolations and issue of safety documentation to ensure the network is operated and maintained safely and optimally. This includes the associated infrastructure.
- To ensure all High Voltage switching is done safely and to the desired business and legislative standards.
- Provide specialist technical guidance to Sembcorp’s High Voltage maintenance team.
- Assist with internal and external audit investigation and corrective actions associated with their specific asset.
- Carry out Senior Authorised Person role as defined in the Sembcorp High Voltage electrical distribution operating rules.
- Safely carryout isolations and earthing on Sembcorp’s High Voltage equipment.
- Write and follow High Voltage switching plans.
- Issue of work control permits and High Voltage safety documentation.
- Specification, drawing approval and facilitate the commissioning of high voltage equipment.
- Liaise with National Grid and Sembcorp customers to issue and accept cross boundary safety documentation (RISSP and OIEC).
- Build relationships with customers and Sembcorp commercial team to provide a point of contact for High Voltage switching communications and customer queries.
- Ensure technical drawings and maintenance records are kept up to date.
- Management of site electricity metering hardware, including generation, parasitic load and customer billing meters.
- Provide training to the business within the scope of the department.
- Provide High Voltage and electrical engineering support to Sembcorp’s operations team.
- Utilising SAP work management tool to organise, plan and execute safely, High Voltage maintenance, repairs and commissioning tests.
- Support customer and business needs including facilitation of new supplies and supporting existing customers.
- Provide occasional out of hours and weekend working as and when required.
- Degree or HNC with a minimum of 5 years relevant power system experience.
- Experience of High Voltage maintenance and commissioning of High Voltage equipment.
- Senior Authorised Person or working towards Senior Authorised Person status.
- Full UK driving licence.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Good IT skills, use of Excel, Word, Power Point, SAP work management tool.
- Enhanced analytical and problem solving skills.
- Good knowledge of legislative/codal requirements for the role.
- Good influencing skills.
- Good SHE awareness, especially maintenance and engineering aspects.
- Proactive in identifying and solving problems (particularly technical).
- High concern for standards.
- Good leadership and people management skills.
For more information on this opportunity please contact Adam Pearson at Imperial Recruitment Group.