HGV Class 2 Driver
Job Title: Class 2 HGV Driver
Salary: £12.75 first 8 hours , £15.94 after 8 hours
Purpose of Role
Our client based in Stockton is looking to recruit an experienced Class 2 Driver to drive pallets in the company vehicles from business to business and returning to site.
- Supervise the loading of the vehicle so that products are safely loaded and secured to minimise chances of damage.
- Ensure with Transport Manager and Loader that the load is correct against the customers’ orders.
- Ensure that on arrival the delivery is safe to make and respect customer’s property; if in doubt, consult with customer and/or Transport Manager.
- Check goods off with Customers and obtain signature and print.
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Handle customer issues on delivery effectively and contact Transport Manager for assistance if required.
- Carry out multi-drop deliveries in a timely and safe manner.
- Drive the vehicle safely and in accordance with the law.
- Drive within the tachograph law and driver hours limits.
- Look after the vehicle and ensure that it is not subjected to unnecessary damage.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the driving cab.
- Ensure accidents are kept to a minimum.
- Report any accidents as soon as possible and in compliance with the company’s accident reporting procedure.
- Complete vehicle daily inspection sheet and give to Transport Manager.
- Attend essential training in order to carry out the driver role.
- To provide support in the Yard as required by the Transport Manager.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures, to include the Company Standards of Performance and Health and Safety Policy.
- Class 2 Driving Licence
- Must hold a Drivers CPC Licence
- You must have good problem-solving skills
- Effective communication, both orally and in writing, is essential
- You will also have an excellent phone manner
- You must always look presentable as the role is customer facing
- Fluent English is required
For a confidential chat about this opportunity please contact Nick Walker at Imperial Recruitment Group.