Head of Operations
Job Title: Head of Operations
Salary: Not Specified
Purpose of Role
The overall purpose of the White End Head of Operations role is to lead and deliver White End Operations (including process operations, maintenance and logistics activities) to safely and sustainably deliver the White End area production, quality and financial targets and the area improvement plan and blue chips.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Leadership of all the White End and Services Operations and Maintenance / Engineering teams comprising a team of ~80 associate and contract staff.
- Key responsibility for building and motivating this team ensuring the capability to deliver all White End EHS, production and engineering Blue Chips.
- Ownership of White End EHS and PSM performance. Ensure all EHS and PSM targets are met and implement measures to drive continuous improvement with measured KPIs covering leading and lagging indicators.
- Deliver all White End production volume targets in line with budgetary requirements and supply chain needs. Ensure production risks are understood and managed and production losses are appropriately investigated and resolved.
- Leadership of the White End maintenance and engineering process. Design and delivery of an appropriate preventative and reactive maintenance approach, ensuring full compliance with legal and corporate inspection requirements, and all equipment is appropriately maintained.
- Management of indirect cost budget of £10m pa and £60m pa direct costs. Ensure proactive measures and improvement initiatives are in place to deliver monthly and annual budget targets.
- As part of the SLT develop and implement the site’s manufacturing improvement strategy, annual Blue Chips and capital expenditure plan. Ownership of all White End elements of the site improvement plan.
- Supporting the Site Engineering Manager and Projects team ensure successful execution of all White End applicable capital projects.
Job-Related work experience, Skills/Knowledge Requirements:
- Minimum degree qualified in an appropriate discipline e.g., Engineering or a manufacturing related subject.
- Minimum 10 – 15 years’ experience in engineering/operational leadership roles within the complex process and manufacturing industries.
- A background in high hazard industrial environments (Upper Tier COMAH assets) is desirable.
- Member of a professional institution with chartered status preferable.
- Proven track record of leading large and medium sized organisation through periods of intense change and cultural strengthening.
The successful applicant will be offered an attractive salary and benefits package and continuous personal development within a global leading organisation
For a confidential chat about this opportunity please contact Travis Townsend at Imperial Recruitment Group