Director of Curriculum
Job Title: Director of Curriculum
College/Department: Newcastle College
Reports to: Deputy Principal
Direct Reports: Head of Curriculum
Purpose of Role
The Director of Curriculum is required to provide the inspirational and strategic leadership needed to deliver the highest performance standards. This role is a key member of the senior leadership team of the College, and will be responsible for supporting the implementation of key aspects of the Strategic Plan to ensure the performance of the College to targets. Through leadership, mentorship and support for colleagues they will ensure that people, performance and financial KPIs are achieved.
- To participate in the College’s strategic planning process,providing leadership, advice and support in areas relevant to the focus of the role that secure growth and support the strategic objectives of the organisation.
- To create and lead a culture of continuous improvement that delivers agreed quality standards across all areas of the curriculum and student experience.
- To use expertise and specialist knowledge to support key strategic elements that will influence the strategic direction of the College.
- To provide effective leadership and support the operational management for all designated areas of responsibility, allocated managers, colleagues and budgets ensuring that annual objectives are set and effectively managed to deliver agreed targets.
- Provide leadership, advice and support to ensure that College provision is at the forefront of good practice, meets the requirements of stakeholders, and achieves targets.
- Maintain and develop links and strong working relationships with customers / partners / appropriate external bodies that ensures the effective collaboration needed to build the reputation of the College in areas relevant to the focus of the role.
- To provide the dynamic leadership of colleagues that creates a culture of equality, shared values, innovation and effective team working which supports the NCG values and behaviours To lead, mentor, motivate and support colleagues to ensure that business planning is effective and that people, performance and financial KPIs are achieved in line with requirements.
- To lead, mentor and support colleagues, ensuring the effective development, management and delivery of the curriculum, and effective management of all aspects of quality improvement. Effectively use data to lead evidence-based decision making and optimise College performance in areas relevant to the focus of the role.
- To work closely with colleagues to ensure that College processes are being applied systematically and that the curriculum being delivered is innovative, coherent and delivers a student experience of high quality.
- Maintain and develop links and strong working relationships with appropriate external bodies.
- Ensure that resources are deployed efficiently and effectively within the areas of responsibility, in accordance with the Financial Procedures.
- To be a proactive member of College SLT, taking collective responsibility for delivering the overall strategic and operational management of the College.
- To promote, uphold and demonstrate through personal example, our values and behaviours.
- To safeguard students, staff and stakeholders
- Degree level qualification or equivalent in a relevant subject
- Teaching Qualification or Management Qualification relevant to areas of focus of the role
- Recent relevant experience of a significant management position delivering high quality and profitable training within
the education sector
- Experience of curriculum modelling and innovation
- Experience of effectively managing a successful team and associated resources– process / business results / people /
- Experience of implementation of continuous improvement activities to successfully raise standards
- Experience of working with external partners, e.g. Employers, Universities, Schools
- High levels of critical reasoning abilities with the ability to analyse and handle data, thus make evidence based decisions
- Proven leadership skills and the ability to support, motivate and mentor others to deliver expectations against target
- Good communication skills – oral and written (presentations / management reports)
- The ability to generate new ideas, exploit new opportunities and generate growth
- Strong planning, business planning and organisational skills which yield both a high quality learner experience and
- IT literate
- Demonstrate expertise and specialist knowledge in areas relevant to the focus of the role
- Knowledge of inspection regimes
- Committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all
staff to share this commitment.
- Sound judgement, practical and resilient, including when working to tight timescales
- Honest, reliable, enthusiastic with integrity
- Ability to undertake some travelling and spend occasional nights away from home
- Able to obtain a satisfactory DBS clearance
- Able to fulfil UK work permit expectations
- Full, clean, UK driving licence and access to a vehicle for business purposes or access to equivalent mobility